Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Carpe Diem

I'm not sure about you, but my greatest fear in life is that I am wasting my life.


I fear that I am going to look back on my time when I am 80 years old and regret not doing something. I am worried that I am going to waste my life. 


We were all put here for a purpose, and I am worried that I am not going to fulfill mine.


I wake up everyday and go to work, but I'm constantly wondering if I am working towards my overall goal. 


Life is about our experiences and the people that form them. I am constantly consumed with making sure I meet every possible person. What if the next stranger I meet is the one to change everything. Maybe I take this to an extreme, but I am a firm believer in the Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil quote that reminds us, "Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.” 



So, with all of this said, I believe in seizing the moment. Stay out 30 minutes too late. Say hello to that person that gave you a terrible look. You never know what they are going to contribute to your life. You never know what you are going to experience or learn in that time. Maybe I wouldn't be so concerned about wasting my life if I just took every moment and every person for what they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment