Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'm Awesome.

(Yes the title is a reference to that terribly awful song)


awesome:
Something Americans use to describe everything.
Oh wow it's just awesome




So, today while I was deep in my procrastination and non-paying attention stage, I discovered a new blog.


1000 Awesome Things (http://1000awesomethings.com/)


Basically the blog is counting down all the totally awesome things that occur in our non-awesome human lives. Most of it is so very true. Is it for you? Not only did I enjoy the blog, and will continue to read it everyday, but it inspired me.


So, here are the things that I think make life AWESOME.


1. Finding a new favorite song.
2. Getting an excellent parking spot first thing in the morning.
3. Being able to put things in "wish lists" online
4. Skipping class.
5. Sunrises
6. Sunsets
7. Chick-fil-A
8. Getting the last canned drink out of the fridge at home.
9. Completing a To-Do list.
10. Getting a great fortune cookie fortune.


Now, since I am very much a pessimist person (like the rest of you), I am also going to list the things that I think make life totally NOT AWESOME.


1. Car maintenance.
2. Not finding a parking spot. OR Getting the worst one EVER.
3. Not buying things in my "wish list" online
4. Skipping class the one day it matters.
5. Waking up early.
6. Going to bed late, when all I want to do is sleep.
7. Taco Bell
8. Going to get something to eat or drink and realizing there is none left. Uggh.
9. Adding to a To-Do list.
10. Cleaning

"I'm awesome!
No you're not, dude don't lie
I'm awesome!
I'm drivin around in my mom's ride
I'm awesome!
A quarter of my life gone by
And I met all my friends online
Mother f**ker I'm awesome!
I will run away from a brawl
I'm awesome!
There's no voicemail, nobody called
I'm awesome!
I can't afford to buy eight balls
And I talk to myself on my Facebook wall
I'm awesome"


No comments:

Post a Comment